The inaugural New Zealand Employers’ Network ‘Disability Inclusive Pathways’ 2021 Conference offered delegates an exceptional opportunity to connect with other organisations committed to improving disability career and inclusion outcomes. Hearing from leading disability experts, experienced practitioners and people with lived experience, including inspiring international and local speakers, including –
- Paula Tesoriero MNZM – Disability Rights Commissioner for the Human Rights Commission
- Christopher Patnoe – Head of Accessibility Programs and Disability Inclusion for Google
- Brendan Roach – Director of Strategy and Networkology for PurpleSpace
- Callum McKirdy – Speaker, Author, Mentor and Facilitator specialising in workplace dynamics and behaviour – CallumMcKirdy.com
- Suzanne Colbert – Past Chief Executive of the Australian Network on Disability
- Phil O’Reilly ONZM – Managing Director of Iron Duke Partners. Global business leader and advocate. Past Chair of the Board of Business at OECD. Past Chief Executive of BusinessNZ
- Julie Woods – ‘That Blind Woman’, Inspirational Speaker and Coach
- Selwyn Cook – Disability Employment Facilitator
What people said about the 2021 Conference
"The mix of people with accessibility needs and people working with people with accessibility needs/employers (was great) - a great blend of perspectives. The range of topics covered was excellent."
"Everything was done very well! Very professionally pulled together, great speakers, great venue (and catering), great networking opportunity. All in all it was very enjoyable and gave me some great insights/resources to take back to my organisation."
"First level of accessible documentation. Great having braille of the presentations. Enjoyed the passion and commitment."
"Great speakers & content. Most inspiring people and stories. Great networking. Such nice people. Good venue. Well looked after."
"The speakers were all great, I especially liked hearing from disabled people and the struggles and successes they have had. The location was great."
"It provided specific useful information, inspirational speakers, was relevant, good contacts, national and international speakers."